Sunday, 27 August 2017

Things I want to do in New York City


Hey everyone, 

Todays post is going to be the things I want to do while in New York City. Now I go to New York in around about eight weeks, so I thought this would be appropriate to post.  I was going to call this my new york plans but we haven't managed to nail down set plans as the people were going with aren't sure what they want to do yet. So because of that I thought I would tell you what are the things I want to tick of on my trip to New York City in October. 

Observation Decks 

I really would like to visit all three of New Yorks popular observation decks which are Top Of The Rock, One World Observatory and The Empire State. I would like to go to all three as each of them give you a completely different view of the city and for me it is a must have to do. I am looking at potentially buying a sun and stars ticket for top of the rock as everyone I know who has been has recommended us to do so. This ticket allows you to visit the deck in the morning and evening so you get two different views. 

9/11 Memorial And Museum  

Another thing on my must have to do list. I was nearly five when the 9/11 attacks happened but after learning about them in school I would like to visit and pay my respects to all the people who died. I also want to visit the museum as it would give me a lot more knowledge on the attack and also would be great to see and take in the personal accounts of that dreadful day.

Statue Of Liberty 

Again another must have, I can't visit new york for the first time and not visit lady liberty. I don't plan on climbing to the top as am just not that fit to do so, I would like to visit liberty island and ellis island. 

Visit Times Square

This is one I know we will be doing for a fact as our hotel is just up the road from here. People say you just can't sum up how it feels for the first time to visit time square, the atmosphere and buzz, I cant wait to have that feeling. There are a few mini things I would like to do here such as sit on those famous stairs, visit the shops and get some good photo ops. 

Shopping At Fifth Ave/ Famous Department Stores

I would love to be able to go shopping down fifth avenue and visit some of the famous shops such as Chanel, Tiffany's, Apple store and all the others. I would also like to visit some of the famous department stores such as Saks, Bloomingdales, Henri Bendel and Berdof Goodman. 

Central Park 

I don't think I have ever seen pictures of a prettier park. I can't wait to stroll around central park. I can't wait to take in the city, enjoy the fresh air and get some great photo opportunities. Were hoping to do a carriage ride round central park as well which would be lovely. 

Take In The City That Never Sleeps. 

This isn't a thing as in a tourist attraction but in my six days I would love to take in and really appreciate the city that never sleeps. I have wanted to visit new york since I was 11 years old which is nearly 10 years ago now, I would love to immerse  myself in the cites culture, understand why they call it the city that never sleeps and hopefully fall in love with the big apple. 


I hoped you enjoyed this post I have done two other posts on my trip so far one talking about our package which you can find here , and one announcing the trip which you can find here
I hoped you enjoyed this post and you can expect some more New York related content coming up on the blog in the build up to the trip. 

Thanks For Reading, 
Until Next Time, 
Heathers World 
xo
SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig